Wednesday, June 23, 2010

WRG Mock Draft 2010 - #28 Memphis Grizzlies

 
Let me tell you, when we saw polar bears on that "Lost" island - what a sense of relief came over our whole franchise.  If polar bears can be wandering around on some tropical island, who's to say you won't see a grizzly or two munching on tourists at Graceland or bopping down Beale street enjoying some tunes.

Then they came up with all that time-shifting nonsense, and maybe the place was purgatory and all that.  We don't know and we don't want to know.  It bums us out a little.  We liked it the old, confusing way where our name made some sense.

So, yeah, our frontcourt is fine and we've been hanging on to our underwhelming lottery PG for a while now - so we are going to take Armon Johnson here and hope he's the best of the crop of athletic combo guards still on the board.  We think he's the most well-rounded of them and probably the best mix of scoring ability, shooting, defense and potential at the point.

The "H" stands for, "Hi, Memphis, you don't know me, but my name is Armon Johnson and I was the second best player on Nevada, and even though I bet you are not that excited your team drafted me I am going to work really hard and - hey - I can't be any worse than Allen Iverson, right?"

No comments:

Post a Comment